I am an intelligent, eloquent, well-mannered young woman who just so happens to say “fuck” a lot.
subway??? no man this is domway. we tell you how you want your sandwich and u shut up and eat it.
This is domway, where we pre-negotiate how the sandwich will be made with your full understanding of the ingredients and their usual consequences. If the worst happens and you don’t like the sandwich you can use a safeword, we’ll remove it and immediately stop lunch. Then we’ll remake it for you the way you like, with plenty of communication to avoid those ingredients in the future. That way you can build a foundation of trust with us, and enjoy yourself by safely giving yourselves into the hands of other sandwich-makers who have proven their responsibility and compassion with your dietary needs.
Thank you for articulating my first reaction to this post.
I have actual tears in my eyes from the beauty of this post, what is going on
IF YOU HIT “X+C” IT SHUTS OFF EVERY GIF ON YOUR DASH
EVERY SINGLE ONE TURNS TO A LITTLE GREY BOX WITH A LOCK
TUMBLR HAS MADE ITSELF SAFE FOR EPILEPTICS
PASS IT ON
I BRING FORTH THIS KNOWLEDGE TO ANY FELLOW TUMBLRITES/SEIZURE-PRONE PEOPLE THAT MAY FOLLOW ME
KINDLY THANK THE OP FOR THIS KNOWLEDGE
I AM A HUMBLE MESSENGER
Welcome to late-night batshit half-drunk meta.
Item the first: the black-goo drippy nose in the previews looks a hell of a lot like Matt’s. Y’know, crazy stalker Kanima-master Matt.
Item the second: Stiles uses the phrase “threefold death” in tonight’s ep, which is not an accident. Threefold death is a thing, mythologically speaking.
In the first type of threefold death, one person dies simultaneously in three ways. He dies by hanging (or strangulation or falling from a tree), by drowning (or poison), and by wounding.
Given that there’s pretty much definitely a Deucalion-Argent connection, probably related to Gerard, and given that we never see Gerard’s dead body, it’s not the world’s biggest stretch to think that we’re still in the middle of some master plan of his.
Matt died once by drowning, at the pool party that caused all his Issues, and then died again not so much by drowning as by strangulation (arguably): Gerard held him underwater, yeah, but his hands were around Matt’s neck the whole time. And he was surely wounded at the time.
Another piece of the puzzle is that Stiles predicts how they’re going to find the next victim. Even though he’s going off logic and what amounts to police skills, I don’t think this is a coincidence. Another bit of the threefold death mythology is that a version of Merlin, Myrddin Wyllt, is asked to prove his skills by predicting how someone will die.
He says the boy will fall from a rock. The same boy, with a change of clothes, is presented again, and Merlin prophesies that he will hang. Then, dressed in a girl’s clothes, the boy is presented, and Merlin replies, “Woman or no, he will drown.” As a young man, the victim, in a hunt, falls from a rock, is caught in a tree, and hanging head down in a lake, drowns.
Put your magic!Stiles in there or not as you please. My headcanon has always been that his unpronounceable first name was something Welsh from his mother’s side, something like Gwrgeneu or Muircheartach, and the Polish and/or Russian was just his dad’s side.
The conclusion of all this is that I’ve had too much to drink and can’t find my Mabinogion, but that I think blaming the virgin sacrifices on Peter is a red herring, and that maybe we’re going to see Matt and Gerard again.
PS I REALIZE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT SO PLEASE TAKE EVERYTHING WITH A GIANT GRAIN OF SALT. This is just my half-baked theory. I used to think Ron Weasley was Dumbledore gone back in time. I am accustomed to being extremely wrong.
honestly the most unbelievable part about that episode was that so many people were grocery shopping in the middle of the night.
EVERYTHING IN MY DASH IS SOCCERMOM!DEREK AND THAT FUCKING TOYOTA. IT IS A STRANGE AND MAGICAL DAY.
what if in season 9 they go to the store and decide to pick up a coke and on the bottle it says ‘share a coke with adam’ and then they finally fucking remember and raise the son of a bitch of perdition
So I broke 1,000 followers yesterday, and I’ve decided to do a giveaway to celebrate. Now, I am broke and don’t have anything awesome I can actually send you guys, so instead I am going to offer various prizes that I will make based on the skills that I currently possess.
- A story of your choice, at least 2,000 words long but knowing me, probably way more than that. It can be fandom but doesn’t have to be. Any rating. We can discuss pairings when you win.
- A mix of your choice, at least twelve songs including a cover. Can be a genre mix, a rec of an artist I’m super into and think you would like, or a fanmix. I’ll upload it to 8tracks and link you to it when it’s finished.
- A photoset of sixteen pictures on anything you like. Can be fandom, pairing, movie, episode, character, celebrity, or comic scans.
- Since this is a giveaway for my followers, you do have to be following me to win. I can’t really stop anyone from following then unfollowing, but I like to think that I’m cool enough that you’d wanna stick around.
- Likes AND reblogs count. I’m not gonna tell you how many times you can reblog this but, y’know, try not to spam people.
- You have until June 24th. Any reblogs or likes after that won’t count, and I’ll contact the winners on the evening of the 24th. If they don’t reply within 24 hours, I’ll move on down the list. I’ll be using a random number generator to pick winners, so that should keep everything nice and fair.
- There will be three winners: first gets to pick which prize they want, then second chooses between the last two, and third gets whichever one is left. First, second, and third will be determined by who gets back to me the fastest. ;)
- Please have your asks open so that I can get in touch with you in case you win!!
I am willing to work with any of these fandoms for any of the prizes. If you have a special request (and it’s something I am familiar with) we might be able to work something out. Pairings are kind of up for negotiation because I cannot list every single one that I’m willing to work with or else we’d be here all freaking day. However, I am comfortable with canon or non-canon, het and slash and femslash, so the chances of me saying no are relatively slim.
- Marvel (MCU or 616)
- DC (pre-New 52 only)
- Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
- Mass Effect
- Hellboy/BPRD (comics or movies)
- Teen Wolf
- Supernatural (although I have not seen the latest season)
- Les Miserables
NOW GO FORTH AND REBLOG!!!!!
- Will: And then I keep having these hallucinations where a stag comes into my house and follows me around.
- Hannibal: No that's a real stag.
- Will: What?
- Hannibal: He's been living with you for months now, I thought you'd progressed from stray dogs to woodland creatures that's why I didn't say anything.
- Will: ...
- Hannibal: I call him Gerhart .
- send me a: "✎" and i'll handwrite your url
- send me a: "✉" and i'll handwrite a little story for you
- send me a: "✈" and i'll handwrite the one place I most want to go
- send me a: "★" and i'll handwrite my favorite color
- send me a: "♥" and i'll draw you a picture
- send me a: "☀" and i'll handwrite my favorite season
- send me a: "✦" and i'll handwrite my favorite animal
- send me a: "☮" and i'll handwrite my tumblr crushes
- send me a: "♪" and i'll handwrite my favorite genre of music
- send me a: "♫" and i'll handwrite my favorite singer or group
- send me a: "✂" and i'll handwrite something I find attractive
- send me a: "✔" and i'll handwrite my favorite movie
- send me a: "✮" and i'll handwrite my favorite food
- send me a: "☾" and i'll draw something of your choice
- send me a: "☁" and i'll write something of your choice
So I have a lot of feelings every single time I hear that people are “angry” or “annoyed” or whatever that they can’t find ONE SINGLE YA BOOK IN THE ENTIRE YA SECTION FOR BOYS TO READ and YOUNG MEN ARE FAILING BECAUSE GIRLS ARE TAKING OVER LITERATURE and HOW CAN BOYS POSSIBLY BE EXPECTED TO WANT TO TOUCH WHINY GIRLY CRAP WITH A TEN FOOT POLE?????
I have a few thoughts.
1) If you cannot find at least a handful of books in the YA section that might appeal to a teenage boy, you aren’t looking very hard. Maybe peruse this list of 140 titles that would appeal to teenage boys. Also, that list is from last year and similar books are being released every month.
2) LOLOLOLOLOL okay yeah young boys have absolutely nothing to read, you’re right. It’s not like you can walk into any library or bookstore and find that the majority of the books in it are about white men.
3) I resent the implication that a book with a female protagonist OR romantic element, no matter how slight, is a “girl book” unless it’s by some guy who gets really upset when anyone calls him a romance author because HIS BOOKS ARE NOT ROMANCES THEY ARE ~SERIOUS LITERATURE~ because the two are mutually exclusive. I also resent that we continue to encourage our boys to distance themselves vehemently and often violently from anything that could be considered even slightly non-masculine.
There is this thing people say: “My son/brother/I had nothing in the YA section to read! They/I had to go STRAIGHT FROM KID’S BOOKS TO LORD OF THE RINGS/WHEEL OF TIME/ENDER’S GAME/CATCHER IN THE RYE/ETC.!”
Wow. I mean, do you understand what a tragedy it is that these poor boys don’t even get to stop in the YA section and they are forced to go immediately to the thousands and thousands and thousands of fantasy and science fiction and ~real literature~ books that are about young white men coming of age and having adventures? Greatest tragedy of our generation, honestly.
I mean doesn’t anyone find it a little… odd? That the fantasy and sci-fi shelves are bursting with young 16-25 year old men who are doing lots of different things (including kissing/sexing ladies OH MY GOD ROMANCE???!!!!?!?!!?), and then the YA section is hanging out over here with lots of stories with VERY SIMILAR CONTENT (Kristin Cashore! Tamora Pierce! Beth Revis!), but everyone looks at those books and goes “Ugh, girl books, there’s no possible way a young man or even a smart girl could be into those?”
TAMORA PIERCE LITERALLY WRITES ABOUT KNIGHTS AND MAGIC AND FANTASY CREATURES AND WAR AND SASSY ANIMAL SIDEKICKS. She just writes about them from a *girl’s* perspective. Which means boys are physically incapable of reading it, I guess?
I just can’t wrap my brain around the fact that people do not get the irony in what they’re saying. They don’t even realize as the words are rolling off their tongue that YA is so female-centric because coming-of-age stories for young men have already been staples in the “real books” section for decades. Because being a young straight white man is universal, see, while being a girl is something that’s impossible to care about unless you’re both a girl and stupid. (COOL GIRLS read the boy stuff, duh!)
And even then, even then, there’s still plenty of boy-centric YA, too. Because there is no boy-free space, you guys. That’s the thing about privilege — you’re so used to being allowed in every space and have everyone accept you as the default that when you can’t immediately find something that’s obviously “for you,” you claim that it’s excluding you and that you must be included. You don’t even see that you can literally sidestep into another area that is catered exactly to you.
Honestly, to a point, this is not even the fault of young men. It is the fault of a society that continues to tell them that they’re the most important of all. Boys don’t start out believing that they can’t relate to girls, or that romance is sappy and beneath them. They’re not born with the idea that sex is a game or they’re “naturally” better at certain things. We feed them that. And we continue to feed it to them every time we huff about there being no “boy stuff” in YA, which is a flat-out, complete and total lie.
Of course, at a certain point they can reason on their own, and then it’s on them whether they’re willing to learn some empathy, just as it’s on any other privileged class.
There is so much more to this, like the fact that patriarchy often drips from those so-called “girl books,” even though they’re “for girls.” That publishers literally can’t afford to be idealists and they have to take society and money into consideration, and how much that sucks.
I have said this before, and I doubt I’ll stop saying it: if young men aren’t reading, it is not because of women and their stupid girl books. There are other elements at work here, because there has never and will never be a “lack” of books written by dudes for dudes. Please try again.
In the meantime, I might segue into the way we pish-posh “romance” and sex if it’s written by women, but that’s another post.
I find it interesting that in all the time I’ve known the story of The Ugly Duckling, it never occurred to me until now to question how the hell a swan egg got into a duck’s nest in the first place.
Look, it was a—okay. Bernice isn’t proud of it, but Olivia was beautiful because, well, swans are beautiful, okay? And they’d been in love. Really in love. And Bernice had been happy to sit on Olivia’s egg—they were going to beat the odds, they were going to raise their family together, and everyone else could go eat sand.
But Olivia—well. It got too much, and she went back to Irving and Bernice wasn’t going to punish the kid, okay? She wasn’t, not when the swans all took off and left to hide the shame of what Olivia had done (not that it was shameful, it wasn’t, it wasn’t).
But then it hatched and Bernice had never really…paid attention to what swan hatchlings look like, and she was sort of relieved? She thought maybe if Olivia’s daughter was ugly, she’d learn the value in other things.
So she turned a blind eye to things she shouldn’t have, and the other ducklings were mean to Penelope, but—well. Then the swans came back, and Penelope was adored, beautiful, so strong for having endured.
And Bernice’s heart broke all over again, because it was worse than losing Olivia.
I LOVE AND HATE YOU IN EQUAL MEASURES RIGHT NOW, OMG
oh my gosh i really want to write a story about the angel that sam prayed to all those years
and after the angel falls he’s human and he’s lost and so he makes this strange pilgrimage across the earth trying to find sam winchester because he just remembers that lost voice praying to him and praying to be saved and now the angel wants to find sam because he just wants to see and hear and touch that faithful man who prayed to him every single day and prayed to him even from the depths of hell when he was being ripped apart
#i’m gonna fucking cry #i don’t think it was cas who heard sam’s prayers i think it was someone else #oh my god can you imagine some young woman or man showing up on the doorstep of the bunker #asking for shelter (they look like hell) #and saying they know sam #and sam’s never seen them before of course #but then they say remember sam remember we spoke christmas of your freshman year #when you were thanking god for having gotten away from your father #but begging for your brother to be safe #i was the one who heard you asking for that #and dean looks at sam and sam stares at the angel #and ducks his head and lets them in (via)